Perhaps one of the most common questions we get asked is to how properly disassemble your treadmill.
You may be either moving the machine to another room and even putting it away for storage. Whatever the case these step-by-step instructions will help you prepare your treadmill for the move.
- Unplug the treadmill.
- Remove Motor Cover Screws. There is one on either side of the Motor Cover.
- Remove Display from Pod (Instructions below)
- Using a 9” rod or a Phillips screwdriver insert it through the access hole (see POD picture above)on the back of the HTEC Assembly as indicated in (Illustration A). You will be using the rod to push the display open.
- While pushing through the HTEC Assembly, grab the panel (its attached with Velcro) and open it to reveal the wire connections. (Illustration B) Remove all wire connections that attach to the Display Board and remove Display Board. Recommended-Take a picture of the board with the wires connected to ease re-assembly. Carefully wrap Display in protective material.
- Do not use any of the two access holes located underneath the control panel to remove the console from the HTEC Assembly as shown on (Illustration C).
- Remove 4 bolts holding POD Assembly to the upright cross bar using ½” wrench or socket and carefully remove POD. (See picture below). Wrap POD in protective materials. Recommended- Tape the Red Safety Magnet/Lanyard inside the POD
- Remove upright covers by grabbing the the top of the upright covers and give a quick pull towards you to pop them out of the channel. Grab where the arrow is pointing and give a quick pull towards you to pop off the upright covers. Wrap upright covers in protective materials and make sure they do not get bent during move.
- Remove the Wire Harness you disconnected from the display board from the inside of the upright and store carefully in the motor pan.
- Loosen the four bolts (7/16”) on each upright (8 total) and slide the entire upright off of the frame. Wrap upright in protective material.
- Replace motor cover.
- Blanket wrap the entire base of the treadmill. Do not put anything on top of the base when moving.
- When reassembling make sure that the treadmill is level and to check the belt tracking.